Evolve Yoga + Wellness is thrilled to offer a new 100-Hour module of Inner Quest of the Yoga Educator®, Developed by Don Stapleton, Ph.D (Brahmanand). This training will be directed by Ann Hunt and Janel Schullo June 16-29, 2019 on the campus of St. Mary’s College of Maryland.
Develop Skills as a YogaGuide®
In the Inner Quest of the Yoga Educator, you will develop the capability to offer your students and clients one-on-one sessions that explore the experiences that arise as they begin to apply their yoga to their lives off-the-mat. This important aspect of being a well-rounded yoga educator requires developing skillfulness in your role as a YogaGuide®
People often begin their yoga journey to improve their health, productivity and wellbeing. As a yoga practice evolves however, practitioners become conscious of the dysfunctional patterns, issues and limitations that are hidden in deeper layers of themselves. As a yoga educator it becomes essential to have skills that address these deeper issues of life’s experience.
As a YogaGuide®, you can assist your students by giving them a place to explore the issues that surface as a result of their practice. The outcome of a yoga guide session is that your client will have practical options for making new choices in their daily life, options that arise through deeper contact with the wisdom of their own experience.
Throughout this training, in daily workshops, demonstrations, small group exercises and practice sessions, you will:
- Develop skillfulness in your ability to listen and communicate
- Learn how to ask questions that facilitate deeper levels of self-ownership
- Reveal the ability to listen for what’s not being said
- Establish an understanding of the YogaGuide® role and how it differs from that of counseling, coaching or therapy
- Increase your repertoire of yoga practices that are appropriate for addressing trauma, stress, anxiety, and self-empowerment including journaling, meditation, asana and pranayama
- Learn how to work with your clients and students to develop practices that reinforce the implementation of positive changes in their lives
- Learn to apply the “Cycle of Transformation through Awareness” as a tool for clarifying the story of the learning process
- Make room for the confusion that arises in any new learning situation, and embrace the promise of opportunity and change
- Acquire new skills that can improve the quality of your relationships
- This training provides opportunities to refine your listening skills and the ability to respond to others without simply giving advice. The practice of effective communication can enhance your personal relationships as well as your relationships with your students and clients.
- Learn how to listen with non-judgmental awareness and to Say Back what you hear your students and loved ones saying
- Stimulate self-discovery and the ability to hear the answers that arise from within oneself
- Ask questions that encourage responses from deep within the intelligence of the body/mind
The Inner Quest begins with You
This training takes place in a supportive environment, within a community of other dedicated yoga educators. Through the creation of safe space, you are encouraged to explore your own inner world of meaning and purpose. Growing into the role of YogaGuide® requires us to return to the primal inquiry that yoga addresses: “Who Am I?”
Taking responsibility for our authentic selves leads to accepting our humanity. When we accept ourselves as we are, we are able to authentically accept our students as they are.
For more information about the Inner Quest of the Yoga Educator program, visit: http://www.selfawakeningyoga.com/inner-quest-of-the-yoga-educator
Costs & Logistics
This training will take place beginning Sunday, June 16 through Saturday, June 29, 2019 and is being held on the beautiful riverside campus of St. Mary’s College of Maryland. Tuition is $2,000. Early bird registration cost is $1,850 if you register and pay by May 1st.
Housing and meal accommodations will also be available, for an additional price. Please note: housing will be in college townhouses on the St. Mary’s College campus. The meal plan is encouraged as cooking amenities are limited.
Housing + Meal Plan: $1,200
Housing Only: $625
Meal Plan Only: $600
About the Directors
Ann Hunt is the studio director of Evolve Yoga + Wellness. Her teaching is a reflection of the many inspiring teachers she has studied with throughout the US, Central America and India during the 25 years she has been practicing yoga. She teaches yoga in an interdisciplinary style integrating several modalities including Iyengar, Kripalu, Ashtanga, Self-Awakening, Yin yoga as well as yoga on the rope wall. Her primary focus is on creating a nurturing, challenging and fun experience that honors the unique needs of each student.
Ann has established a 200 and 300 hour teacher training program in Southern Maryland in association with Nosara Yoga Institute. Ann Hunt Yoga/Evolve Yoga was established as a Registered Yoga School through the Yoga Alliance in 2007 and has recently completed it’s 6th 200 Hour Interdisciplinary Yoga Teacher Training® program.
Ann is also a senior faculty member of the Nosara Yoga Institute in Costa Rica where she has worked with Don & Amba Stapleton since 2000, teaching and assisting over 25 programs in both Nosara, Costa Rica and at the Omega Institute in Rhinebeck, NY. She holds an E-RYT 500 designation through the Yoga Alliance and she has degrees in both Psychology and Dance from American University. Ann has also studied and practiced Massage Therapy, Reiki, Pranassage and Thai Yoga Massage. Ann is also a certified “Let Your Yoga Dance” instructor.
Janel Schullo (M.Ed., E-RYT 500, NYE 1000) is co-founder and co-director of the Nexus Institute for Yoga & Wellness. Janel has worked as a 200- and 500-hour yoga teacher trainer since 2006. She has over 5,000 hours of experience leading teacher certifications, continuing education programs, classes, and private sessions. Having worked with students from ages 8 to 98, she believes that persons of any age, physical condition or belief can benefit from yoga and can use yoga to enrich and empower their lives.
Janel holds an M.Ed. in Interdisciplinary Education with a specialization in Yoga Studies. Her scholastic background includes advanced studies in Self-Awakening Yoga Therapeutics and qualitative research exploring the intersection of modern yoga and Christianity in North America. She is a 500-hour Kripalu Yoga Teacher, a 1000-hour Nosara Yoga Affiliated Program Director, a Self-Awakening Yoga Therapeutics and Pranassage Practitioner Trainer, and Yoga Guide. Janel has been a member of the Yoga Alliance and the International Association of Yoga Therapists since 2003. In addition to directing Yoga Teacher Training at Nexus Institute, Janel serves on faculty at Nosara Yoga Institute’s Self-Awakening School of Yoga at 1440 Multiversity in California, Evolve Yoga + Wellness in Maryland, and the School of Inner Source in Alberta, Canada.