What is Kirtan?
- It began in India centuries ago as a spiritual practice, and was known as the layman’s way to connect with the Divine.
- In the last ten years, it has become a phenomenon across the United States. It has transformed musically to appeal to the ears of American audiences.
- It is a new kind of concert experience here in the West. It’s not so much a performance as a journey into the self through the practice of listening & singing.
- The leaders are called wallahs, and everyone is part of the music.
“It’s like singing around a campfire”, “It’s like a hootenanny with meditation.” While singing along at a kirtan concert, you can experience your own voice becoming as beautiful as those performing-all voices merge together to become One Voice.
All are welcome to join. This event is by donation. To register, please click here: https://bit.ly/2JPVS5U
List of Mantras
OM Shanti (Open & Close)
1. Jaya Jagadambe Hey Ma Durga
2. Hare Hare Maha Deva Shambo Kashi Vishwanatha Gange
3. OM Aim Saraswati Namaha OM
4. Mountain Hare Krishna & Amazing Grace
5. Narayana / OM Namo Bhagavate VasuDevaya / For Your Love
6. OM Namah Shivaya