200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Evolve Yoga + Wellness is excited to once again offer a Yoga Alliance Registered 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training beginning spring 2023! Our exclusive yoga teacher training program will provide you the time, space, and community to deepen your own practice and uncover a journey that will transform you for a lifetime. You will learn the tools necessary to teach your own classes and upon completion, register with the Yoga Alliance as an RYT-200. This training will provide you with a solid foundation to both deepen your practice and learn to teach yoga.
Our comprehensive teacher training curriculum has been refined over 12+ years and uniquely blends the Eastern and Western teachings of yoga with today’s most current and practical applications. Evolve Yoga’s approach is anchored in a deep understanding of the body and biomechanics and goes far beyond teaching poses alone.
During our in-person sessions, you will:
- Advance your study of Asana: how to practice, cue and assist postures.
- Build confidence in guiding students with props and verbal assists.
- Learn the principles of anatomy and body mechanics.
- Gain an understanding of Ayurveda and trauma-informed yoga
- An introduction to prenatal yoga and modifications
- Master the components of the Evolve Method of Vinyasa Flow Sequencing.
- Gain knowledge in the 8 Limbs of Yoga.
- Learn the basics of Evolve’s signature styles including Restorative + Yin
- Learn to live in alignment with yoga’s ten ethical guidelines: the Yamas & Niyamas.
- Cultivate your voice, both as a teacher and as an individual.
- Gain an understanding of yoga history and philosophy.
- Understand the practices of pranayama & meditation.
- Learn the business of yoga.
Through self-study, you will:
- Absorb and interpret required readings.
- Journal your reflections.
- 20 in-person/virtual classes of your choosing.
- A log will be provided for you to keep track of your classes.
- Satisfactory completion of take-home assignments, readings and quizzes.
- Complete co-teaching, practice teaching, and supervised teaching experiences as assigned.
- 300 + page training manual
- A Gift from Evolve Yoga + Wellness
- 50% off Evolve Yoga + Wellness Workshops
Upon graduation, all Teacher Training Graduates receive:
- 20% off Mentorship Program
- An opportunity to interview and demo for a teaching position at Evolve Yoga + Wellness
2023 Training Dates:
Weekend intensives are Saturdays and Sundays, 8:30-5:30 p.m.:
- April 1 -2 & 22 – 23
- May 6 – 7 & 20 -21
- June 3 – 4 & 17 – 18
- July 8 – 9 & 22 – 23
- August 5 – 6
Tuesday evenings: includes a community class/practice teaching- 5:30-9pm
- April 4th + 18th
- May 9th + 23rd
- June 6th + 20th
- July 11th + 25th
- August 1st
Students are required to take classes throughout the duration of the program to experience different styles, levels and methodologies. Twenty classes are included in the cost of your tuition and will be loaded onto your account once training begins. We recommend 1 year of consistent yoga practice and require a minimum of six months of a consistent yoga practice or equivalent training.
- Attendance is mandatory, unless otherwise arranged. Prior notice of missed classes must be provided in writing and approved by Evolve Yoga + Wellness.
- You are required to make-up missed time at the rate of $125 per session. It is your responsibility to arrange and make-up time and gather any missed materials.
- You are not eligible to graduate from the program or register as an RYT-200 if you have not completed all required hours of training.
Kelley Sidorowicz, E-RYT 500 and Evolve Yoga + Wellness Owner/Director will be your lead teacher for the training. We will also be inviting skilled and experienced guest teachers to help facilitate your training for a variety of modalities:
- Ann Hunt (Philosophy, Ethics, etc.)
- Layne Curry (Anatomy, Assists, Sequencing)
- Traci Gryzwacz (Chakra system, subtle body)
- Chip Guffey (meditation)
Cost of the training is $3,000; payment is due in full upon registration. Take advantage of our early bird discount and save $300 when you register by December 31, 2022. Full tuition must be paid on the registration date in order to receive the early bird discount. Payment plans are available upon request. Tuition must be paid in full upon registration, unless a payment plan is arranged. All payments are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Unless otherwise arranged or noted, all training sessions will take place at Evolve Yoga + Wellness: 22741 Three Notch Rd, Suite 15, California, MD 20619