95-Hour Children’s Yoga Teacher Training
Evolve offers a 95-hour Children’s Yoga Teacher Training, led by Kathy Therrien, RCYT, E-RYT. This training has been designated as an approved Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher (RCYT) training by Yoga Alliance. The training is presented through a series of five monthly weekend modules. The cost is $1450 and includes a training manual.
This comprehensive program provides an opportunity for yoga teachers, educators, health professionals and parents to learn the art and science of sharing yoga with children ages 4-13. Our approach is whole-child centered and integrates a range of traditional yoga practices.
Participants will meet and train with experts from the fields of: psychology, speech/language therapy, physical therapy, and occupational therapy.
Evidence shows that children’s physical, intellectual, social, and emotional growth can be strongly supported throughout their unique developmental stages through the practice of physical yoga postures; meditation; and techniques for breathing, relaxation, and mindfulness. Participants will learn to share a safe, engaging, meaningful yoga practice that empowers children to connect more fully with themselves and their community.
- The benefits of a regular yoga practice for children;
- Children’s developmental stages;
- The effects of yoga on the developing brain and body;
- Anatomy and physiology with a specific focus on child development;
- Child-friendly poses: solo, partner, group and sequences;
- Pranayama, relaxation, mindfulness and meditation;
- Applying the eight limbs of yoga as they relate to children;
- Incorporating music, props, books, storytelling and group yoga games;
- Managing behavior challenges in class;
- Developing lesson plans and sequencing classes;
- Sharing yoga with special needs children;
- Adapting yoga to environments beyond a studio
Participants will also:
- Connect with other child health professionals;
- Observe children’s yoga classes and practice teach;
- Receive personal feedback to help build practical skills
Participants do not need to be currently certified as a yoga teacher to participate. However, those who wish to apply for Yoga Alliance recognition as a registered children’s yoga teacher (RCYT) must complete a 200-hour yoga teacher training; complete a 95-hour children’s yoga teacher training; and submit 30 post-training teaching hours in children’s yoga. Current Registered Yoga Teachers with Yoga Alliance are able to participate in this training for Continuing Education hours.
We are beyond delighted to be able to offer such a comprehensive program here in southern Maryland. Please contact the studio with any questions regarding this training or its suitability to your needs.