Now that we’ve gotten the okay to reopen, we have several different class offerings available on our schedule. We have added a small handful of in-studio classes each day beginning June 20th, 2020. Each in-studio class is capped at 9 clients and preregistration is required. A livestream version of every in-studio class will be available to attend via Zoom. Preregistration for livestream classes is also required in order to receive the Zoom Meeting info. Both types of classes are available to sign up for on the schedule. In addition to in-studio/livestreamed classes, we will continue with a selection of virtual, prerecorded and outdoor classes.
All classes are either 60 or 75-minutes. We will not be offering 90-minute classes at this time. A cancellation window for each in-studio and outdoor class is set for up to 2 hours before the start of class. If you are unable to attend, please be sure to cancel your reservation so that another client may take your place. If you do not show to class or cancel late, your account will be deducted one pass. We ask for your continued patience and support as we transition yet again to a new world of in-studio/virtual/outdoor class offerings. We’ve worked hard to ensure that there is something for everyone, every day of the week at Evolve!
New Evolve Client Protocol:
All of the following new policies have been implemented with one thing in mind: the health and safety of our Evolve Yoga + Wellness community. We are following guidance from the governor’s office as well as paying attention to what is going on around Southern Maryland. If at any point we feel keeping our doors open is too much of a risk to you and our staff, we may decide to close once again.
We are asking every client to review these protocols and keep them in mind when attending classes at the studio. Any client not in compliance with these protocols will not be permitted to enter the studio and take class.
Your safety is our top priority
- The health and safety of our community is of the utmost importance to us. We ask that if you are feeling even slightly unwell, please do not come to class. We have instructed our staff and teachers to do the same.
- We have taken every precaution and kept the studio clean while closed. We are stocked with disinfectant sprays and wipes, hand sanitizer and paper towels in preparation for your return
- Clients will be required to wear a mask upon entry to the studio and while walking around the studio. Clients may choose to remove masks during class or keep them on at their discretion. When exiting the practice rooms, walking the halls, or using the bathrooms clients are asked to put their masks back on. Any client without a mask will not be permitted to enter the studio and take class.
- We will be conducting temperature checks using our touchless thermometer at the door for each client. Any client with an elevated temperature of 99* or higher will not be permitted to enter the studio and take class.
- To avoid high-touch surfaces, a member of our desk staff will check you in. No tablet or paper sign in.
- Class sizes have been limited to 9 clients + 1 instructor, to adhere to current state mandates prohibiting gatherings of 10 or more. There will be designated spots for mats in the practice area. Preregistration will continue to be required. Any client not on the most recent Mindbody roster will not be permitted to enter the studio and take class. A cancellation window for each in-studio and outdoor class is set for up to 2 hours before the start of class. If you are unable to attend, please be sure to cancel your reservation within that window so that another client may take your place. If you do not show to class or cancel late, your account will be deducted one pass.
- There will be no client access to the water fountain. Clients are asked to bring their own water bottle.
- Towels to wipe down mats after class will not be provided. Clients are asked to bring their own towels.
- Clients are encouraged to bring their own props from home. If clients do not have their own props, studio ones can be used. However, clients are responsible for properly disinfecting any props they use and placing them in the designated decontamination corner of the studio. Used props that have been disinfected will be placed out of commission for a few days out of precaution. Evolve staff and instructors will not handle used props before they are disinfected.
- Clients are asked to keep proper hand sanitation in mind while at the studio. If possible, sanitize or wash hands upon arriving and prior to departing the studio.
We’ve updated our schedule, to keep you and our staff safe
- To prevent crowding our lobby and hallways, and limit the interaction of coming and going clients, we have significantly adjusted our class schedule. Please do not arrive to the studio earlier than 15 minutes prior to the start of class.
- To allow for time to properly clean the practice area between classes, we have increased the amount of time between classes.
- At this time, there will be no hot or warm classes on the schedule and our smaller practice room, Shanti, will not be in use.
- We will continue to offer virtual and prerecorded classes throughout the week, as well as outdoor classes around the Southern Maryland area.
Instructor and Staff Protocol:
Instructors and staff are asked to adhere to the same policies outlined for our clients, including wearing face masks. In addition, the following policies for instructors and staff have also been created to increase safety:
- All instructors and staff are asked to check their temperatures prior to coming to the studio. Any member of the Evolve team with an elevated temperature is asked to reach out for a sub to cover their class/shift. In the event a new instructor is unavailable, class will be canceled and clients will be refunded.
- Instructors and staff are asked to wash hands frequently while at the studio- preferably upon arrival and before departing the studio.
- Instructors will not be offering hands-on assists and are asked to stay on their mats while leading class.
- As much as possible, instructors are asked to keep their masks on while leading class.
- To keep up with the new cleaning demands, instructors and desk staff are asked to assist with disinfecting the practice area and any high-touch areas around the studio after each class. This includes mopping the practice area floor, wiping down the cubbies, doorknobs, light switches and any other high-touch surface, as well as cleaning the bathrooms.