Joining a Zoom class is easy! Pick your device below (computer, mobile phone or tablet) and follow the simple instructions to download and join Zoom (it’s free!) Once Zoom is downloaded on your device and you’ve created your free account, you’re ready to join a virtual class at Evolve. Instructions to do so are at the bottom of this post.
Using Zoom on a Computer:
1. Visit https://zoom.us to create a FREE Zoom account using an email and password. Be sure to note the password or save it. Three failed login attempts will lock your account for 30 minutes and we are unable to unlock it for you.
2. Download the Zoom desktop app by visiting the Download Center: https://zoom.us/
3. Click the very first link: “Zoom Client for Meetings”. You will be prompted to download an app onto your desktop. This is free and safe to do!
4. Your computer is now ready to join a Zoom class!
Using Zoom on a Mobile Device (tablet or phone):
1. Visit your device’s app center
2. Search for and download “ZOOM Cloud Meetings”. It is a blue icon with a white camcorder
3. When the app opens, you will be asked to either Sign Up or Sign In. If you haven’t already created your Zoom account, select “Sign Up”; if you have created your account, select “Sign In” and enter your login info
4. Your mobile device is now ready to join a Zoom class!
Depending on your internet connection, either process will only take a couple of minutes to complete. Now that you’ve got an account and you’ve downloaded the app on your device, you’re ready to join a class!
Joining a Zoom Class:
1. Sign up for class in Mindbody no later than 30 minutes prior to class start time. This step is required as Meeting Info emails are sent based off of class rosters in Mindbody.
2. Receive an email from Sarah Dill, Evolve Assistant Studio Manager, with the Meeting ID to join.
3. To join a meeting from your computer: open the email and click the link under “Join Zoom Meeting”. This will automatically open up the Zoom application on your desktop. Be sure to enable access to at least your device camera so that you are able to see the class. Mic access is not necessary, unless you wish to talk with others. You can enable mic access once inside the meeting.
4. To join a meeting from your mobile device: copy the Meeting ID from the Meeting Info email. Open the Zoom app, tap the icon that says “Join” and paste the Meeting ID into the empty box. You will be prompted to allow access to camera and mic; again only camera access is required. Mic is optional and can be enabled later.